Online privacy and security
Your privacy on the Internet is important to TIGER, which is why TIGER Drylac Canada Inc. believes in an active approach to safeguarding your privacy online. TIGER tries to keep its website as secure as possible. However, please recognize that when providing your information through its website, or when confidential information is sent or received via e-mail, that the internet and email communications may not be secure. TIGER cannot be responsible for any loss, unauthorized interception, or misuse of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond its control.
In certain areas of this site you may choose to share personal information, such as your name, address and contact details. TIGER may use this information for marketing research and other marketing and service related purposes, such as normal correspondence and sending brochures you may have requested. Any personal information you choose to share will not be disclosed to anyone outside of TIGER Drylac Canada Inc. TIGERs policy concerning your personal information is explained below.
TIGER may receive information about you:
- when you contact TIGER directly to apply for one of its products or services, or to make an enquiry or other request (normally via the website or customer services teams),
- from other locations, domestic or abroad,
- from selected business partners who provide products and services,
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information to TIGER.
TIGER may use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
- to help identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about TIGER products and services.
TIGER may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- other TIGER locations,
- authorized dealers,
- carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services,
- service providers and agents who perform services on TIGER's behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
TIGER may also pass your information to third parties:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
- in the process of selling one or more of its businesses or to anyone to whom TIGER may transfer rights under any customer agreement it has with you,
- for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
Site traffic monitoring
TIGER collects anonymous information about every visit to our site by tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses on an aggregate basis. TIGER does not link IP addresses to any personal information associated to the individual visitor. TIGER uses this information only to determine how to make future visits more convenient and productive for all visitors. TIGER also collects browser type, access time, and the URL where a user is entering or exiting the site.
For the purpose of a customized design and continuous optimization of our website we use the functions of the Google Analytics web analysis service. It is supplied by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and you can use them to analyze website use. The data generated about your use of this website are usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. Google uses this information on behalf of the website operator in order to analyze your use of the website for the purpose of compiling reports about website activities and provide additional services associated with the use of the website and Internet to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data. You can prevent storing cookies by configuring the relevant settings in your browser software; however, we want to point out that in this case you may not be able to take full advantage of the functions of this website. Apart from that, you can prevent collection of the data created by the cookie and associated with your website use (incl. IP address) by Google as well as processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout You can find further information regarding data use for advertising purposes by Google, settings and options to object on the websites of Google: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/, (“Data use by Google when you use websites or apps from our partners“), www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“Data use for advertisement purposes“), www.google.de/settings/ads (“Managing information used by Google in order to show you advertisements“) and www.google.com/ads/preferences/ (“Determine the kind of advertisements Google shows to you“).
Social Media Plug-ins
Our website includes plugins of the social network LinkedIn or LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (referred to below as “LinkedIn”). You can identify the LinkedIn plugins by the company logo. Please be aware that when you visit our website, the plugin will set up a connection between your internet browser and the LinkedIn server. As a result, LinkedIn obtains the information that our website was accessed from your IP address. Please note that we do not receive any information regarding the contents of the data sent nor of the use of said data by LinkedIn. You can find out about further details about collection of data and your legal options as well as settings options from LinkedIn. They are made available to you at www.linkedin.com/static .
TIGER uses email links throughout the site to allow you to contact TIGER directly with any questions or comments you may have. TIGER reads every message and try to reply promptly to everyone. Information in the message is used to respond directly to your comments or questions. TIGER may also file your comments to improve the site and programs, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is not shared with third parties without your explicit permission, except in the limited circumstances listed above.