One of the top priorities for the market today is to address the increased importance of disease control and prevention. As we approach a time where we return to a new normal, we must prepare for protecting citizens against harmful interior and exterior environments.
TIGER antimicrobial powder coatings are formulated with TIGER Drylac® resin chemistries to help fight the growth of harmful microbes in polyester, epoxy and hybrid powder-coated surfaces. TIGER AM powder coatings are designed to withstand repetitive use of chemical disinfectants. TIGER AM includes an antimicrobial agent added to our highly chemical-resistant coating to give our customers the ultimate engineered coating!
Suggested end uses for antimicrobial coatings include high touch surfaces, such as:
- Hospital furniture
- Patient room and intensive care units (ICU) entrances of hospitals and medical facilities
- Laboratory equipment
- Classroom window frame surfaces in schools and universities
- Entrances to hotels, shopping malls or other retail locations
- Kiosks or vending machines
- Fitness equipment
- Office furniture, door handles, elevator buttons or shelf units
- Interior or exterior aluminum handrails
- Building materials, including interior frames of windows & doors
- Home appliances
- Lighting fixtures
- Heating and air conditioning units
TIGER AM helps protect the substrate against harmful odor and stain-causing bacteria, mold and fungi growth.The antimicrobial agent is EPA, FDA and NSF approved. It is important to note that TIGER AM coatings are not a substitute for normal cleaning or disinfecting of high-touch surfaces. Surface cleaning provides immediate results but may not be enough to remove all microbes that can quickly penetrate surfaces and break down coating integrity. To augment surface cleaning, coating technologies containing antimicrobial compounds have been developed to provide a double shot of protection!
*TIGER Drylac does not make any public health claims with TIGER AM products.